Bring 1/2 cup of water/white wine to boil add mussels and cook till just open. Remove mussels from shell and place on baking sheet in 1/2 shell. Top with mixture of freshly grated parmesan, bread crumbs, chopped fresh parsley, oregano and a chopped pepper (red, orange or yellow). Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
I like to use broccoli but you can also try fresh green beans. If you can’t find Garlic Expressions dressing, a light italian dressing works well. Kalamata olives would also work nicely.
- 1 can garbonzo beans
- 1 can light red kidney beans
- 1 can whole artichoke hearts-quartered
- 1 can burgandy pearls italian style olives-halved
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pepper chopped
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 package of grape tomatoes
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2-3 tbsp)
- 1/3 cup Garlic Expressions salad dressing
Rinse and drain beans. Place beans and remaining ingredients in large bowl gently stir.
- Mussels – 2.5 pounds (1 bag)
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Shallot, finely chopped – 3-4
- Garlic, finely chopped – 5 cloves
- Plum tomatoes, chopped – 1/2 cup (reserve some for garnish)
- Italian parsley, finely chopped – 1/3 cup (reserve some for garnish)
- Thyme, dried – 1 teaspoon
- White wine – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
Rinse & drain 1 can of beans (pinto or black) I used black beans.
In large skillet, sauté chopped onion (about ½ cup green or yellow), add rinsed beans and 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes. Mash with a potato masher to break down beans a little until still a bit chunky.
Add 1 can of diced green chilies and one to two diced jalapeño peppers (optional), 1 to 1 ½ cup of corn (can or frozen) and one tsp each of oregano, cumin, paprika, and red pepper (to taste). Heat through.
Put a little salsa on bottom of casserole dish, layer tortillas, bean mixture, cheese, repeat layers and top with some crushed tortilla chips.
Bake approx 30 min or till bubbly.
Garnish with chopped tomato, green onion and sour cream.
Note: To make a more complete protein add 2 cups cooked brown rice to bean mixture